Friday, October 16, 2009

TESTIMONY

Since this is primarily a family blog, a way to keep in touch, I thought how appropriate for each of us to document our testimonies in this way. So, family of mine, I will go first and I challenge you to do the same!
I want my Heavenly Father and my beloved family to know that I have a testimony of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. The greatest blessing and the knowledge that I hold most dear is that I am a Daughter of God. I have questioned as of recent, "Does Heavenly Father know and love me?" I am one of millions on this earth, how can He know me? The answer came as I looked around and saw that He gave me a wonderful husband who loves ME like no other could. By the grace of God, I met a man who knew the truth at a time when I was looking for it. What are the odds? He could just have easily moved to some other town, for his family had moved many times in their life. but, they came to "Little old Mt. Zion", where my family just happened to have relocated. I remember laying in my bed at night as a child wondering, how can there be so many churches, when there is only one God. Yes, I was a deep thinker after all! Next, I was blessed with children who inspire me to do better everyday so I am worthy to be their mother. It is not to my credit that they are who they are, I am not that good of a mother. God gave us a plan to be born into families because He loves us, and wants us to be happy. I know He loves me because He created this Plan for us. Next, I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and my brother. He came to earth to set the example for us to live our lives that we may return to Him. He suffered for my sins, even the stupid mistakes that I make when I know better. But, I know, because of His sacrifice, I can repent , and those mistakes will be forgiven and forgotten. Since we come to this earth as imperfect as we are, I am truly grateful for this blessing. Next, I am grateful for Scriptures, which are like a book of directions left for us. If we study the Bible and The Book of Mormon, we follow that example of Christ and know of Heavenly Father's plan. He would not put us on this earth without instruction. Which leads me to Prophets. I am grateful for Joseph Smith who was brave enough to question and to ask of God, "Which is the true church?" and President Monson for revelation in these days that we need to know of God's counsel to us at this particular time. These are the truths that I hold most dear, I want to shout it from the rooftops and I want my Father in Heaven and my family to know I believe these things. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, you are amazing. You brought me to tears in the library! I look up to you so much, I love you and respect you and honor you. I promise I'll follow your instruction soon.

    Thanks Mom, for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To respond to this post at such a late date will let you know what a slacker i am. I don't check your blog often enough!! Lisa, I am so impressed not only with your wonderful testimony but that you were able to put it into words. What a blessing. Cant wait to see you and the kids next month! xoxoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete